Kayak courses in Engadin
Minimum age: 12 years (under 12 years only on request or private course possible) // Max. Weight: 120 kg // swimming skills in current and self-rescue // move safely in the Whitewater grade II // throw and accept a throwing bag
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Master your skills on moderately difficult white water!
Did you learn all the basic paddle techniques and you feel comfortable on whitewater grade II? In this course we show you how to have even more fun with more current and play with river features. This is the art of riverruning.
Have fun and improve your skills with us on the Inn in Engadin, one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe and the most popular whitewater destination in Switzerland, ideal for beginners and class 5 boaters as well.
- Advanced hidraulica and river terminology
- Previous techniques on WW III
- Advanced paddling techniques
- Kayak steering by weight shifting and upper body rotation
- Introduction to boofing
- Surfing waves and rollers
- Scouting: Assessing hazards, choosing lines
- White water tactics, leading groups, communication on the river
- Repetition of safety on the river (rescue techniques, throwing bags)
- Minimum age: 12 years (under 12 years only on request or private course possible)
- Max. Weight: 120 kg
- swimming skills in current and self-rescue
- move safely in the Whitewater grade II
- throw and accept a throwing bag
Ideally, you already know how to do an eskimo roll and have participated in a river rescue course.
419 CHF / 3 days
If you can’t take an extra day off from work and can only come on the weekend, it is still possible to attend. We strongly recommend that you attend the entire course, as our curriculum is structured this way and you may miss some important parts.
Advanced II Kayak Courses in 2023:
We are quite flexible with our dates to be able to share this beautiful sport with as many people as possible. So if none of the dates fit into your plans,
please contact us via the contact form or send us an email to email@example.com and we will try to find a solution.