Kayak courses in Engadin
Minimum age: 12 years (under 12 years only on request or private course possible)//Max. Weight: 120 kg//
Good swimming ability // Couple days of whitewater kayaking experience
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn all the important kayak techniques in one course!
If you already have a few days of whitewater experience, safety in the kayak and want to improve your technique, or have already completed a multi-day beginner course with us, this course is the right choice for you. The Advanced I course is the perfect way to improve your skills and get you onto more difficult rapids! Our goal is to teach you how to run whitewater grade II safely and independently.
Have fun and improve with us on the Inn in Engadin, one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe and the most popular whitewater destination in Switzerland, ideal for beginners and class V boaters as well.
- Repeat basic paddling techniques
- Kayak steering by weight shift and upper body rotation
- Dynamic eddying
- Ferry glide
- Controlling the kayak through proper edging and pulling on the paddle blade
- Basics of white water safety
- Eskimo roll training on request
- Swiss-certified kayak instructor
- transfer from Engadin Outdoor Center base (it can happen that we need a vehicle of the participants to transfer the bus)
What to bring with you
- Towel & shower essentials
419 CHF / 3 days
If you can’t take an extra day off from work and can only come on the weekend, it is still possible to attend. We strongly recommend that you attend the entire course, as our curriculum is structured this way and you may miss some important parts.
Advanced I Kayak Courses in 2023:
We are quite flexible with our dates to be able to share this beautiful sport with as many people as possible. So if none of the dates fit into your plans,
please contact us via the contact form or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to find a solution.