Kayak School in Engadin
Beginners Kayak Course
Tour: 3 DAYS
Minimum age: 12 years (under 12 years only on request or private course possible)//Max. Weight: 120 kg//
Good swimming ability //Prices: Pro Person 419 CHF
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Our Beginners Course is the perfect introduction to the sport of kayaking. In this kayak course you will learn the basics to be able to paddle independently on easy white water. Have fun and learn something new with us on the Inn river in Engadin, which is one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe and the most popular whitewater kayaking destination in Switzerland, ideal for beginners as well as class V boaters.
We start the first day building up our confidence on calm water and learning the basics. Afterwards we head off onto moving water to let the real fun beginn.
- Get to know your equipment
- Correct entry and exit to the kayak
- Behaviour when capsizing
- Riding straight: efficient forward stroke and body posture.
- Making turns: Bow stroke, draw stroke, power stroke, weight shift and upper body rotation
- Braking and backward paddling: Counterstroke and backstroke
- Reading currents
- Eddy-in, eddy-out
- Swiss-certified kayak instructor
- all equipments: neoprene suit, jacket, shoes, life jacket, helmet, paddle, white water kayak, spraydeck
- transfer from Engadin Outdoor Center base (it can happen that we need a vehicle of the participants to transfer the bus)
What to bring with you:
- Towel & shower essentials
419 CHF / 3 days
If you can’t take an extra day off from work and can only come on the weekend, it is still possible to attend. We strongly recommend that you attend the entire course, as our curriculum is structured this way and you may miss some important parts.
Beginner Kayak Courses in 2023:
30 June- 3 July
We are quite flexible with our dates to be able to share this beautiful sport with as many people as possible. So if none of the dates fit into your plans,
please contact us via the contact form or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to find a solution.